How We Use Personal Information
We use your information to process orders you make on our website, for administrative purposes, to improve our services, to customize the advertising and content you see, to contact you, and for internal business purposes. In addition, if you make a purchase, create an account on our site, or sign up for our mailing list, we may use your email address or physical address to send you news and information about our company and products that might be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving future communications from us about special offers and new product information, you can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages you receive, or you can change your marketing preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt-out of receiving these messages, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the services we provide, such as when you purchase a product, and we may send you service announcements and administrative messages. We do not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those communications.
We may also use anonymous information, such as information pertaining to web or mobile pages you have viewed, in order to analyze trends, track user's movements, provide a better user experience and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf. For example, when you make a purchase on our website, we use a third party payment processor. Third party service providers may also, among other things, help us to provide services that you request, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to inquiries. In addition, we may share your information with certain third party service providers to operate the website and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the website, to analyze and develop our business strategy, to determine how you found out about us, your interests regarding our products and services, and how to improve our website or in creating marketing programs for you and others. For example, we may use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to conduct analysis of the aggregate non-personally identifiable information that we collect.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of EILEEN FISHER, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Business Transition. In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo a transition in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such a transition.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions. Occasionally, we may run a promotion such as a sweepstakes, giveaway, or a contest, and you will be given the opportunity to enter by filling out an entry form, or in some cases, when you are placing an order in store, online, or via phone, we may ask you if you wish to be enrolled into contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions. In addition, if you visit EILEEN FISHER's account on a social media website, you may be given the opportunity to enter a contest. If you choose to enroll in contests, sweepstakes, or promotions, your entry information may be shared with third parties for the limited purposes of administering the sweepstakes and selecting a winner(s) and may be used to notify you in connection with the sweepstakes or contest and to verify your identity.
- Interest-Based Advertising. We may participate in interest-based (online behavior) advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. You may see advertising on our website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for EILEEN FISHER products on other websites based on your browsing behavior across different websites.
- Other Third Parties. We may share your information with other third parties as we deem appropriate.
Effective Date: March 04, 2015
What Information We Collect
We collect both personal and non-personal information. For the purpose of this policy, when we use the term "personal information" we mean information that is collected in conjunction with a name. For individuals who sign up for an account on our site, this may include your email address, telephone number, and physical address. For individuals who decide to make a purchase through our website, this may also include payment information, such as a credit or debit card number and billing address. When we use the term "non-personal information" we mean information that is not collected in conjunction with your name.
How We Collect Information
- By Asking. We may collect some information from you by asking that you provide it to us. For instance, when you create an account on our site, we may ask you for your name and email address. When you make a purchase on our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, such as your payment card information, billing address, and physical address.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is an electronic file on a web page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness - for instance, if you get an email from us and click on a link in that email to go to our website. You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. As you enter our website, we capture and retain the IP address and the unique identifier of the device you are using, such as a personal computer or a mobile device.
- Geo-location. "Geo-location technologies" refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide precise location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically use information from your web server or computer to determine general location information, such as the city in which you live.
- Clear GIFs/Tracking Pixels. A clear GIF or tracking pixel is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it may be visible) located on a web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet enabling the verification of a person's viewing or receipt of a web page or message.
Effective Date: March 04, 2015
- Web Security
How We Secure Personal Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep information secure and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances.
How We Communicate With You
Attn: Website Marketing Leader
EILEEN FISHER, Inc
2 Bridge Street, Ste 230
Irvington, New York 10533
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your information, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be "tracked" online. At this time we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
Children. We do not provide products and services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 13.
Effective Date: March 04, 2015