COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS Learn how we support leadership programs for women and girls, women-owned businesses and local communities.
We are proud to support the communities where we work through our local giving.
The Community Partnerships Grant is our way of evaluating and funding nonprofits that align with EILEEN FISHER’s areas of funding and specifically focus on the needs of their local communities. Cash grants of up to $2,500 are awarded on a quarterly basis and may be used for program or operating expenses.
Organizations applying for a grant must meet the following criteria:
- A focus on the issues and needs of the community in which they are based
- Commitment to partnership with the local community
- Alignment with one of our core areas of funding: Environment, Human Rights, Women & Girls
- US-based 501(c)3 organization
- Located within 25 miles of an EILEEN FISHER office, retail store or showroom
- Has not yet received a financial contribution from EILEEN FISHER in the current calendar year
The Community Partnerships Grant does not fund:
- Organizations that promote the views of a specific political party or religion
- Medical or academic institutions
- Cultural institutions, such as museums
- Event sponsorships
- National or international initiatives
Due to the increasing number of applications we receive, the Community Partnerships Grant is not currently supporting event sponsorship or gift card requests. Limited gift card donations may be available through your local EILEEN FISHER store.
Applications from eligible organizations will be reviewed by an employee committee facilitated by the Social Consciousness team with consideration for:
- Organization’s need and impact in its community
- Relationship with EILEEN FISHER and/or our stores, employees, customers or business partners
- Geographic diversity
- Clear use of funds
- Alignment with our mission and areas of funding
- Role in building a thriving inclusive local community
How to Apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through our online form and evaluated following each quarterly deadline. No mailed or emailed proposals will be reviewed. All applicants will be notified of a decision within six weeks of the deadlines listed below. Please consider this review and processing time when applying for time-sensitive requests.
The 2019 deadlines will be at 12:00 PM Noon EST on the following dates:
- February 1
- April 26
- July 26
- October 25
Applications must be received by the deadline in order to be considered for a grant. No extensions will be granted.
Please note that we are unable to respond to individual phone calls or emails related to an organization’s eligibility or application status. It is up to the interested organization to self-assess its eligibility and determine if it should apply. Organizations should reference the application platform for application status updates and technical support.
As of January 2019, our application platform has changed, and you may be required to create a new account if your organization is not yet registered with the Benevity Causes Portal.