Activating Leadership Grant Guidelines
Eileen strongly believes each of us has the ability to lead—in our personal lives, the workplace and our communities. There are many ways to lead, many styles of leadership and many kinds of effective leaders. Bold or introspective, outgoing or imaginative, we each have the potential to make a difference.
By activating the natural leadership qualities within women and girls,they are able to find their voices, build inner strength and develop the confidence to pursue what really matters.
For our current grant cycle, which began in 2010, EILEEN FISHER will fund programs that activate leadership qualities in women and girls. We are particularly interested in programs that:
- bring about self-discovery and personal transformation
- help women and/or girls find their inner strength and trust their intuition
- address any phase of a woman's and/or girl's life
Our grant program has reviewed applications from nonprofit organizations in four annual cycles along the following themes:
Year 1 (2010): Achieving Personal Transformation
Year 2 (2011): Applying Leadership Attributes
Years 3 and 4 (2012 and 2013): Leading for Impact
EILEEN FISHER is pleased to announce that the Activating Leadership grant program will be extended for an additional year with a focus on Achieving Personal Transformation. The decision to continue this grant program into 2014 is a response to Eileen's ongoing interest in personal transformation and a deep understanding of the impact of leadership programs on the growth and development of women and girls.
Our grant program will review applications from nonprofit organizations along the following theme:
Year 5 (2014): Achieving Personal Transformation
What We Look For
Each year, grants of $5,000 or more are awarded, including grants for general support and seed funding for grassroots organizations. Grants are open to any applying organization, not just those who have received a grant previously. All organizations must reapply each year. The receipt of an Activating Leadership Grant in a previous year does not automatically qualify an organization for a grant in a succeeding year.
In our search for 501(c)(3) nonprofit community partners: we will give preference to organizations that:
- show an innovative, holistic, effective and direct approach to activating leadership among women and/or girls
- form partnerships with other community organizations for deeper impact
- demonstrate the long-term sustainability and viability of the organization
- show a clear need for the funds and a plan for their use
- demonstrate a long-term commitment to their work
- establish resonance with the EILEEN FISHER company mission and leadership practices
- are located near the EILEEN FISHER offices, retail stores or showrooms or, if outside the United States, via U.S.-based charities only.
How To Apply
Applications are only accepted online. Paper applications will not be accepted. The 2014 application process will open on June 3. All applications must be received no later than 12:00 noon EST, July 22, 2014. They will be reviewed by a committee of EILEEN FISHER employees in a three-stage process:
Stage 1 (summer): Semifinalists selected.
Stage 2 (summer/fall): Finalists selected and asked to submit additional application information. Interviews will be conducted via phone calls or site visits.
Stage 3 (late fall): Grantees selected
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries. Before applying, please review our guidelines, criteria and themes to make sure you are qualified on all points. Only candidates that meet the specifications should apply.